5 Signs That You Need To Install A New Air Conditioner
Publish Date : December 23, 2022
Even if fall is on its way, you should still pay attention to your air conditioning system just because it is becoming cooler outside. This is especially important to remember if there are issues with your air conditioner.
You may need to do more than just plan for repairs if you’ve operated your cooling system for a while and have noticed that it’s having persistent problems. As a homeowner, determining when it is time to replace your air conditioning unit is one of the most important decisions you will have to make. Nobody likes hearing that they need to buy a new air conditioner.
The time will come when you need to replace your current setup with something more unique and advanced. How can you determine if it is time to replace your air conditioner? Are you experiencing a steady increase in your monthly energy costs?
Or is the air quality within the house less healthy than it used to be? The air conditioner in your home may be a contributing factor. Nothing is ever genuinely permanent; even air conditioners eventually wear out and must be replaced.
What factors affect Air Conditioner Lifespan?
Your AC needs regular servicing and inspections, just like your car. Once the warranty has expired, and the device has stopped working for the first time, it is time to replace it. Some people may be willing to pay for the repairs to keep the system operational for a while, regardless of how expensive they are.
Depending on your choice here, you can expect a lot from the longevity of your air conditioner. Your system’s lifespan depends on several things, not the least of which is regular maintenance.
- Careful setup, for example, AC installation Riverside.
- Monthly wear-and-tear and home comfort settings
- Climate conditions, including extreme cold or high humidity
- Air quality factors like salty sea breeze or other corrosives in the air.
When should your Air Conditioner be replaced?
Listed below are the top 5 warning signals that it’s time to get a new air conditioner:
- Air conditioner longevity
- High utility costs
- AC Repairs are expensive and frequent
- AC struggles to cool home
- AC makes unusual noises.
1. Air conditioner longevity
Did you know that an air conditioner has a ten-year life expectancy? If your air conditioner is more than ten years old, you should consider AC installation in Riverside since it will have a hard time keeping your home at a comfortable temperature and require costly repairs.
Replacement of an air conditioner over ten years old is typically a sound financial decision; upgrading to a newer, more efficient model can save your cooling expenditures by as much as 20 percent. Thus, upgrading from an older AC unit is the most appropriate course of action.
2. High utility costs
Air Conditioner usage usually rises with age. If your energy expenses have been increasing or are excessively expensive, it may be time to replace your air conditioner. Your air conditioner has to be replaced if you’ve noticed a steady rise in your monthly expenditures despite routine maintenance.
In addition, although the upfront cost of purchasing air conditioners with excellent energy efficiency may be significant, the long-term savings on your electricity bill will more than help compensate for it.
3. AC repairs are expensive and frequent
Your air conditioner’s vulnerability to malfunctions and subsequent maintenance needs increases with time. As if that weren’t terrible enough, the cost of these fixes keeps climbing as replacement components become harder to come by and the time required to complete each job expands.
Buying a new air conditioner is a good idea if repairing your current one will cost more than 20% of the price. It’s time to replace your old AC if the cost of repairs is going to be 30% or more of the cost of a new one.
It is recommended that your air conditioner undergo routine maintenance and repairs regularly. In contrast, you may spend more on repairs and maintenance if your air conditioner breaks down frequently. If that’s the case, it might be time for a new AC installation in Riverside. If your air conditioner is old, a qualified technician will tell you that you need to replace it.
4. AC struggles to cool home
When you turn on your air conditioner, do you find it takes longer to reach the desired temperature or struggle to keep it there? If you have already examined for obstructions, the thermostat, and the motor, this is a severe warning indication that your air conditioner is losing efficiency.
Due to normal wear and tear, air conditioners can fail to provide cold air and even produce warm air inside the home. Regular maintenance will only serve as a temporary fix. Having a professional inspect your air conditioner before deciding whether to repair it or replace it is a good idea.
The specialists from the renowned firm can come out the same day you call and assess your home and provide professional guidance on maintaining a comfortable temperature level.
5. AC makes unusual noises
Does your air conditioner make strange noises like clicking, banging, clanking, or buzzing? These red flags indicate it might be time to replace your current device.
- If your AC unit constantly clicks, it may indicate electrical issues. When there are electrical problems, you must have them checked out right away. You may need a new unit if the problem lies with the air conditioner’s motor.
- Loose or broken components are typically the source of banging sounds. It is common practice to find that damaged compressors are connected with a banging sound. It is optional to replace the entire air conditioner because of these issues.
- AC units consistently buzzing sound could result from a wide variety of problems, such as a malfunctioning motor, faulty blowers or air filters, or even fan blades that are too loose. It would help if you got a technician to investigate the issue and determine its scope.
- Any noises that seem like they’re being clanged together need to be looked into right away. Those noises are a common sign of something wrong with your air conditioner. If you hear a clattering noise from your air conditioner, you should turn it off immediately.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell if your air conditioner needs to be fixed or replaced. But if your air conditioner is more than ten years old, is prone to breakdowns and costly maintenance, is inefficient at cooling your home, is noisy, and has high energy costs, it’s time to install a new AC with AC installation in Riverside.
You should evaluate your current air conditioner with the trained professionals at EZ Eletric before investing in a replacement system. Ensure you contact them as soon as possible to organize an inspection.